J&J Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Call 330-688-1220
Review sent in on 3/22/19
We don’t have a Google Account so we are submitting our review via this email.
We called your business on March 4, 2019 and received a call back the same day and a technician came out a few hours later. We were having trouble with our propane furnace shutting off. We could hear it cycle off and on several times before finally shutting off each time. We actually called you for a second opinion. We called another local company which had been out to our house on a minor AC problem a few years ago. The first technician did some tests on the furnace in my presence and gave a lengthy and detailed explanation of what he thought the problem was—a bad heat exchanger. He gave us several scenarios -- repair for approximately $1,200. He stated the heat exchangers had a lifetime warranty but the cost involved was due to labor and shipping. Or replacement since our furnace was approximately 14 years old. We decided to think about it.
Just like lots of people these days, we began to search on the internet. We did not seem to have the two symptoms associated with a bad heat exchanger -- a chemical smell and the yellow, instead of the blue, flame. We also read that it is very rare for a heat exchanger to go bad, hence the lifetime warranty.
Your technician, Andrew (or Austin? Sorry I can’t remember his name and can’t make out his signature) was courteous, efficient and knowledgeable. Again, I was present as he checked out the system and determined that the heat exchanger drain lines were clogged. He cleaned out the lines and checked furnace with the thermostat several times to make sure all was well. It immediately started working correctly and has been fine ever since! How relieved we were and thankful that we called for that second opinion. We literally saved at least $1,100 or more on repairs had we decided to get a new furnace.
You really hate to think that repair people are trying to fool you but we wonder about that first company. You have gained a new and happy customer. Feel free to cut and paste this to your site.
• Immediate attention to your inquiry
• A professional Technician who not only knows what he’s doing, but will tell you everything you need to know
• Our technicians are all employees – no Sub-Contractors here!
• The company is licensed, bonded and insured in the State of Ohio
• A reasonable and competitive price – Flat Rate Pricing and written quote prior to any work being started
• In the plumbing and heating world there are unexpected exceptions hiding behind walls or under the ground – if additional work is required due to unforeseen circumstances the work will be explained and priced up front prior to proceeding
• A guarantee on the work completed
• J&J Plumbing , Heating & Cooling will do everything possible to schedule your appointment on the same day you call
• Appointments are scheduled in 2 hour windows throughout the day
• A company that is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau!!
J&J Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has been serving Summit, Medina, Stark and Portage Counties for 25 years. As we celebrate this milestone for our business, we are very appreciative of our customer base that has been along for the ride!
J&J Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is under new ownership and management since the Fall of 2016. The new ownership is very customer oriented and truly believes in providing all customers with the utmost respect and customer service – from the way our technicians treat the customer in their home or business - right down to our fair and competitive Flat Rate Pricing. J&J Plumbing, Heating & Cooling wants to be your choice for plumbing services and hopes to grow through repeat business and customer referrals.
At J&J Plumbing, Heating & Cooling we hire and train technicians with the skills to identify, troubleshoot and resolve just about any plumbing or heating issue they come across. And that includes all possible applications in the residential or commercial world. From the simple clogged drain to the most sophisticated commercial application J&J Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has the resources and expertise to successfully complete the project in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.